Specialist psychology counselling
to meet your needs.
All fees at WPS are discounted from the Australian Psychology Society's recommended fees ($300 for a standard 45–60-minute consultation) for psychologists. Our regular private fees range from $185 to $230 and can be rebated via Medicare with a GP referral.
Our fees are:
· Clinical Psychologist Consultation Fee is $215 (Saturday $230).
· Psychologist Consultation Fee is $185 (Saturday $200).
· Payment is made on the day of the consultation.
TPS (Targeted Psychological Sessions)
Some of our psychologists provide services via TPS funding although clients ability to attend during allocated TPS clinic times may need to be navigated when booking your first appointment - please see staff profiles. If you have a Health Care Card, your GP can make a referral with your care plan to a funding agency to allocate funding to cover the full cost of your counselling sessions. No out-of-pocket cost occurs. This service is called TPS (Targeted Psychological Sessions), coordinated in our north western region by CAREinMIND, Melbourne Primary Care Network. General referral approvals can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks for approval depending on referral demand.
(Nb TPS have specialist funding categories for referrals relating to pregnancy/Post Natal Depression issues, Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander clients, children under 12 or clients needing Suicide Prevention services - these referrals are accepted without client’s requiring a Health Care Card)
WPS NDIS POLICY
If a client has NDIS funding to include psychology support:
· WPS charges the NDIS recommended rate of $214.14 for all self and plan managed clients.
· WPS charge the recommended NDIS $214.14 rate if NDIS self-managed clients choose to claim via a Mental Health Care Plan or via Private Health Insurance.
· WPS can support a “review” of their NDIS plan with NDIA to address a shortfall in funding if the client’s NDIS plan does not adequately provide for the client’s needs (the client needs more sessions than previously allocated).
· If a self-managed NDIS client chooses to utilize their allocated NDIS funding for other allied health providers fees paid above the NDIS recommended rates or access increased session numbers for these services (eg OT, speech or physio services) rather than for the requested allocated psychology sessions, that is the client’s choice.
· Self-managed NDIS clients can choose to reduce their allocation of WPS psychology sessions and future plans will reflect this reduction of psychology support required. Or they can choose to locate an alternate service provider and navigate an alternate service arrangement.
TAC / Workcover / Victim of Crime
If the nature of your counselling issue is related to a transport accident or work injury, TAC or Workcover may be an option for covering your counselling costs. Likewise, if you are a victim of crime, VOCAT applications can include no cost counselling support.
For more information on services with no out of pocket cost, please click here.
Employee Assistance Programs
Some workplaces offer Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) to their workers, where between 3-6 sessions may be fully funded by the employer. You are welcome to enquire about this option with WPS or your employer.